Sunday, June 17, 2007

Cambridge


Today we went to Cambridge. Another long train ride. This morning I actually had trouble waking up and felt out of it for the better half of the morning. It was a 2 mile walk from the train to the travel office where we met up with our tour guides and split into two groups. A walking tour of Cambridge was great and we got a lot of history behind the Colleges that are there. Its a bit College town so a very young population and a great crowd! We stopped off at Cathedrals and a Museum..same old same old kinda deal. A quick break in the middle for lunch which we ate at a little pub that American soldiers used to eat at all the time I guess. All I know is that there was good food. After the tour we took a punting trip down the river/canal. Just like a gondola trip but not Italian. Looks like working there would keep you quite toned! It was relaxing to be able to just sit and enjoy the ride for a bit though! The punting was our last appointment for the day so we got to just browse some shops and the markets and I ended up buying a pair of earings. Maybe a bit on the expensive side but I decided to treat myself and I really liked them a lot. Just waiting for a good time to wear them! This blog is a bit short but I think the pictures will be better for everyone to see. A picture says a thousand words right? haha. Until next time!

No comments: