Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chatsworth



Hello and Welcome to Chatsworth. Those are some damn beautiful girls in the fountain on the grounds. Left to Right: Lindsey, Kysha, Cassie, Kaari.



This is a piece by Frank Gehry that Tiffany&Co. had him design. I love Frank Gehry's work and I love Tiffany so it was cool to see. Also I thought it was interesting they had such a modern piece displayed in Chatsworth.


I was surprised to see this also in a older English manor house. I'm not really sure if its been there a while or what but I really like Budhas and this style so it was cool to see all of this all mixed together. He looks so happy!



That is Mr. Darcy. We are so in love! Look at that gaze. Ladies...be jealous.
Anyway a little background. They have a nice sculpture collection at Chatsworth and a few scenes of Pride and Prejudice were filmed there (along with everywhere else we've gone) so they made that sculpture and added it to the collection so that it was like it was Mr. Darcy's collection in the movie. I hope that makes sense. If not..sorry..i'm tired.

4 comments:

frank said...

Okay, lots of good to great photos with the blog sofar, but this Chatsworth set is one of my favorites. I was disappointed that Buddha was just Buddha and for a moment hoped that you had broken tradition and named him Mr. Darcy. But then I caught up with the photo of the real Mr. Darcy, oh well. It appears that your wardrobe has served you well. Paris will be the fashion test.

frank said...

Forget to mention my intrique with the water feature, perhaps that would work on a half scale in on my lawn to break up the space. I wish that I had a recording of the water feature sounds, as it cascaded. I also like the out building at the head of the water feature.

A-L said...

Nice green shirt! Did you buy that or borrow it? I hope you bought it so I can borrow it! Your wardrobe has served me nicely since you've been gone. I've worn a couple of your shirts. :D You'll have to go shopping with me when you get home. Would be nice if we could go shopping in San Fran, but I doubt that'll happen! :P Enjoy Paris....continue to take the fantastic photos. I love looking at them!

Caitlin said...

Kaari!! Oh my goodness you look like you're having the time of your life!! Everything looks so beautiful! I'm jelous, but I'm so happy for you, this really is a life changing trip for you that you'll have amazing memories from. You look great too!! Love the green shirt. Thankyou for letting me in on this blogging thing, it's great to hear how you're doing and your experiences thus far. Keep it up and enjoy!!! Love Caitlin