Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stonehenge


FRIDAY!! wahoo. Today was a free day for our group so a few of us decided to go see stonehenge because we weren't going to be doing that trip with our bigger group. We ended up leaving the hotel about 10 and got to Salisbury and on a bus to Stonehenge about 1. Right as we started walking around Stonehenge and taking pictures it started to rain! Hard. I actually was stupid and didn't have a rain jacket or an umbrella so I pretty much got soaked! As you'll see from my pictures. We kept all our valuables under umbrellas though and even though it was rainy we got some good pictures because there weren't very many people walking around in the rain. It cleared up a few minutes later though and thats when the big rush of people came out. I very much enjoyed going there. Its definatelly very cool to see something so old and so mysterious. Just makes you wonder what exactly it was used for. Even thought they have theories and probably pretty accurate ones at that it would be interesting to know more about the people and how they built it and what for. Dad, I hope my pictures aren't too disappointing. You should come here and do a photo shoot. You'd definatelly be able to get some really good ones! After our little day trip I met up with Glen and Kyall back in London to play a little croquet in a very nice park. That was about the extent of my Friday but it was nice to relax and do things at a little slower pace. Peace.





3 comments:

A-L said...

Hey, it looks like Stonehenge may have been a bit chilly. I am glad you got to see it though. It's worth being caught in the rain to see one of the wonders of the world eh? I love how the colours are contrasting...the green of the grass, the gray of the stone and then the blue of the sky...beautiful!

Roxann said...

Now I'm jealous! Don't know why I never went to Stonehenge. Too focused on the mission, I guess. Love your blog, love the photos. You brighten every picture - you have such style. Keep the posts coming, and have a great time. Love you, miss you. mom

frank said...

I really, really think that you got a great shot of the backside of Stonehenge, my type of shot without the citizens of the world. I did however like the shot below the primary one in the blog where you picked up the mate in the hoody, brings the whole ritual thing to mind, real or imagined.