Monday, June 11, 2007

Design Museum/Tate Modern


Well here I am still in London and loving it! There is so much to see that I could walk around forever and still find new things!
Waking up is always a challenge but its getting more just to the I don't want to get out of bed because I'm lazy not because its too hard to wake up. Just cause I'd rather sleep for a bit longer but when we finally did wake up all of us were in a particularly laughy mood while getting ready. Girls tend to get a bit silly but we got ready and downstairs by 9.
First stop was the theatre to try to get tickets to Wicked but with no avial. It was going to be about £60 so it just wasn't worth it just yet. We have to get there at a particular time to get them half off. So another day. After that we went to the Design Museum which was a little disappointing because I guess the coolest exhibit was closed but it was kinda interesting and the gift shop had some really cool stuf to look at.
After a quick bite to eat (I had a baguette with brie,basil and tomato on it) we continued on to the Tate Modern and were free to look around at our own pace and then were free for the rest of the day. The Tate Modern was just quick. It was cool to see some of the stuff I've learned about in Art History but a lot of it was just stuff we skimmed over. Not really the day to just sit and chill but we soaked it up a bit and saw what we could without having a ticket for some of the other exhibits that they have going. Some of us may end up going back for the Dali exhibit.
Over the bridge to St Pauls is where the rest of the day took us. I decided to just have a quick look and not pay the £7.50 for the entrance to the cathedral just yet but one day again maybe I'll go back. St. Pauls Cathedral is where that old lady in Mary Poppins is feeding the pidgeons. It was nice to sit and relax and just do some sketching. Relaxing afternoon and a quick trip back to the hotel. I'm off for a bite to eat and more sketching before an early night in before an early morning tomorrow to get to Wilton House. Keep checking my blog and comment me or email me! I love to get them all. Later!

Pic 1 Me and the Tower Bridge (the one everyone thinks is the London Bridge) and btw..i don't look happy but I was
Pic 2 A poster/print at the Design Museum. I liked it a lot.
Pic 3 Me standing next to a hot futuristic motor bike (design museum)
Pic 4 Tate Modern

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do enjoy the descriptions of the highlights or lowlights of the days and nights. London is a fun place for sure. I guess that you didn't see any of the Brighton bicyclists who were protesting global warming last weekend and rode around the UK countryside in some thing to nothing. I really like the grape canopy or arbor.

Frank