Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Day 1-London


"The Clash" once said,London Calling, and it certainly is! Here I am in the big UK safely arrived, worked out to the core and its only Day 1. After long flights, running through JFK to barely make the connection to London we landed at 7 am London time. A few train rides a billion stairs later with a 41 pound bag and about another 20+ on my back we arrived at the Ace Hotel tired and definatelly not ready for the day ahead but with our cheerful tourguide Darrin and his welcoming and well traveled family, we summoned energy to continue on. Needless to say, I'm tired but
London. Heres how the adventure went: First we went over Jubilee Bridge, past the London Eye, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, past Buckingham Palace where we literally stood feet away from the QUEEN herself as her guards pulledglad to be in London! After checking into the hotel we ate lunch at a cafe on the corner and then began our walking tour through out in a Forest Green Jaguar (her car choice is approved by me) with her in the back seat visible to the public! We were about the only 20 who noticed it was her so I had a great view! After Buckingham Palace we continued on to Trafalgar Square
and the National Portrait Gallery. All this time passing amazing eateries and shops along the way that I hope to check out soon. Tomorrow we begin to spend more time on each place but before we do that I'm in need of food and a nice long sleep! Goodnight all. Check tomorrow for Day 2.

Pic1: jubilee bridge
Pic2: london eye
Pic3:a sweet salvador dali sculpture thing
Pic4: big ben..its big..
Pic5: the gate to buckingham palace. i really liked the gold










1 comment:

Tim said...

I love that you qouted The Clash. You have warmed my punk rock heart :) It sounds like it's been a rough adventure so far. Look on the bright side your getting all your exercise while your having fun. I'm sure your past the hardest part though. It looks like your doing alot of really fun and amazing things. Take lots of good pic's cause i want to see them all when you get back. Say "what up" to the queen for me :) We all miss you at work, but of course i miss you the most. Well have a good night or day. I have no idea what time it is there right now or ever for that matter.

P.S. I always got your back, cause we tight like that :)

Tim