Monday, June 18, 2007

Blenheim


Hello all,
This weekend was pretty fun. As you can see already and I blogged about Stonehenge at the beginning of the weekend. On Saturday I made my way out to Mottingham to stay with the Milburns for Sat night and Sunday. Me and the boys did a little golfing at the driving range and then enjoyed a relaxing evening watching movies. Sunday was church and a great Father's Day dinner provided by Glen. Its very nice to have some familiar faces and time to just enjoy life and not be sightseeing all the time. Great to spend time with their family also.


Today is Monday, the first day of our last week in London. :( I'm sad but it will be interesting to move on and see Paris and Italy! We went to Blenheim Palace which is my favorite of the ones we've seen. I forgot to mention that in a lot of these big houses and palaces or castles or whatever it may be, we aren't allowed to take photos so thats why the majority are of the exterior. We did rapid sketches on our tour though so if any of you see them maybe you'll get an idea of the interior..maybe..


The grounds were very pretty. Large expanses of just green grass but well landscaped and maintained. We did a few silly pictures today. Sometimes we just get in these moods. Early day off today so we made our way back down to London and went shopping! Dinner..now home. Tomorrow we're doing Chatsworth so stay tuned. Miss you all!

2 comments:

A-L said...

I like the photo of the people in the tube or the train station. But why are they walking on the right hand side??? Don't they do things backwards in London?! :P

frank said...

Oh, sister I had some great comments yesterday, but my head couldn't hang on to my password so lost my great comments. Anyway the pedestrian tube reminds me of the Tokoyo walkways underground. I really do like the UK architecture. Some great, some stunning, some bordering ridiculous. Anyway, I think that the camera is very good, composition is pretty good to very good, (more familiarity with the camera will help). I really liked the composition on the look up and or look down in the stone building where you could get the perspective. Sounds like a blast, have fun gotta run.
frank