Sunday, August 26, 2007






The last day of Florence and the last day of our trip :(. I can't believe it is all over. This morning we met up with a walking tour guide to take us around the city of Florence. To be honest, until this point I wasn't sure Florence was all that spectacular but a greater depth of exploration and a little guidance showed me that this city is full of history and amazing design both from years past and modern design and culture. You walk along and will be looking at hundreds of year old architecture, art and sculpture, then turn the corner and you are walking on high town streets packed full of designer stores. There is so much variety and culture in Florence! On the walking tour we stopped off at a few of Florences finest art museums (My favorite stop? The David by Michelangelo) After the tour we had more time to shop, eat and enjoy one last night in Florence and Europe. My gelato reflected the sunset of bright oranges, reds and yellows as I indulged in my surroundings (and gelato.) Off to bed to wake up for an early start and a journey home!

No comments: