Sunday, July 8, 2007

Disneyland

Free Day number one of Paris and where do we go? DISNEYLAND! A few of my friends wanted to go to Disneyland and seeing as I haven’t been since I was about 3 or 4 I decided I should probably check it out. I was a little skeptical at first and a little tired this morning also a little groggy so I wasn’t so sure that in this cultural mecca of the world called Paris we should head off to the one place that is completely Americanized. It didn’t take me too long to warm up to the idea though. All I had to do was go on Space Mountain and I was sold. We actually ended up going on Space Mountain 3 times! I could have just gone on that ride the whole day and loved it. But we didn’t. We went on Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, on the Snow White ride, walked up the Swiss Family Robinson tree and through the Disney Castle. Food wise was a little pricey as theme parks tend to get but the part I liked was them selling crepes instead of churros. The crepes were good though. And I would also like everyone reading this to know that today I went on my first rollercoaster ride that goes upside down. Oddly enough it has taken me 19 years. But Space Mountain has two loops and Indiana Jones had one. As for the people, we had very good experiences today with people being very helpful and nice and very understanding. Also I was worried about feeling more threatened here but I don’t as long as I keep an eye out and am aware and smart I feel totally in control. So today was very successful and enjoyable. It was a nice change from all the chateaus and cathedrals.
P.S. I’m hoping to get pictures up soon. Tomorrow we might have wireless…fingers crossed.

No comments: